Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chicago Supplement, April 29 - 30th

So yes, I went to Chicago for my birthday. Collin drove over from Bowling Green and beat me there by thirty minutes or so. Once I finally made it home I took him over to Johnnie's for an Italian Beef and Sausage Combo. This is a sandwich you do not mess with and it smells so good.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

The next morning we picked Jared up from a friend's house. He was in the city for an artshow. This is how birthday weekend super-adventures come together, so happenstantially that they begin to seem perfectly orchestrated, like an Oceans 11 movie.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

We headed downtown and had breakfast burgers (meaning burgers way too early, not burgers with eggs on them) from M Burger.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

And hiked over to Navy Pier, Chicago tourist central, to fulfill a birthday dream . . .

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Watching the Hubble 3D IMAX movie! It's like watching the biggest, most incredible screen saver you'd ever seen.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Followed with some Navy Pier pokings around. Some pokes are tentative . . .

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Some are daring!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This sign . . . this sign is weird. Inside I opted to not go overboard.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This Guy, this Guy was screaming, no, hollering the whole ride. A video was made to capture the sound of his shrieks, but wind dominated the recording.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Yes, but how far to Bowling Green? And in which direction do I head?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

We leave the pier and head back into the city part of the city.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

This is me celebrating my birthday phonecall from Don. He called me a stud!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Necessary curiosities to share.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Necessary snakes to introduce. Chicago certainly isn't afraid of the over the top chain restaurant.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Put our feet up for a minute at Rock n Roll McDonalds.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Rock n Roll McDonalds is very not rock n roll anymore. It's stupid Euro-designy McDonalds now. I don't want your gellato, Design McDonalds. I was looking for McPizza, which they used to have here. Seriously.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Then we went down to Jared's art show. His new direction . . . I was taken aback at first.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Just kidding! I'm down, I'm down.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Now, deep inside, hidden away . . .

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

You'll find a green Bible. I gave the secret away! Secrets out now! Out and all over the internet!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Let's see what else they had there.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Now . . . performance art. How does this work, if I want to buy the piece? Do I take everyone home? Even the volunteers from the audience?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Now this here, this photo with the drawing? This is art. You owe me $100 for just having looked at it, $200 if you drag it to your desktop.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Having our fill of art, we rushed over to super-popular Torta shop Xoco to meet up with Mom and Dad for a very late lunch (or extra-early dinner?) because basically that's the only way you're getting a seat in under an hour and a half there.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

From now on I only eat sandwiches if they're served in a half-filled bowl of broth. I'm not eating like an animal anymore.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Passed the building where the Boy Scouts of America were organized 100 years ago. That's one thing that I did approve of in Iron Man 2, that he donated his modern art collection to the BSA.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

And then we turn an unassuming corner and . . . SURPRISE! Happy Birthday Brigham! A new car? For me? Oh, you shouldn't have. You shouldn't have.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I'll be back soon with the final two days of this Chicago trip and my first ever photos of Maximilian Mulcock.

1 comment:

  1. Brigham!
    I have been to your blog a couple times now, through our dear & mutual friend Mr. Clark. You are hilarious and your pictures are great. I am looking for a car these days & I have to say.... you stole my dream car.... :/ you did.

    ReplyDelete